Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chalkboard Birthday Invite

I’m back!  I did not mean to go 2+ weeks without blogging, but it’s been a pretty crazy couple of weeks around my house!  Perhaps I will divulge some details later, but for now I want to talk about the fabulous birthday party I attended a couple of weeks ago to celebrate my baby cousin, Gabriele’s first birthday!
Aside from my own daughter, I can’t think of a sweeter, loving, more precious little girl than Gabriele, and I was thrilled when her mom, Mychele asked me to help design her party invite!
Those of you (like me) who spend countless hours surfing Pinterest would know that chalkboards are a hot trend right now, a trend that I’ve become slightly obsessed with!  I will be the first to admit I am not at all talented with actual chalk.  In fact, I have terrible handwriting, which is why for the past few months I had been dying to design a chalkboard invite, no handwriting required!
G1
Gabriele’s party theme was “A Year in A Flash”.  I used a chalkboard invite to sum up the details of her party by creating a blackboard background and then backing it to a rose pink, metallic card stock.  I played around with fonts until I found a few that looked just like what you'd see on a chalkboard!   I then added a list of a few of Gabriele's favorite things along with some of the the milestones she’d hit throughout the year to tie the invite in with the theme!
Chalkbaord Invitation
Chalkboard Invitation
It was an awesome party!  The entire house was decorated in blues, pinks and purples…check out some of these adorable decorations!
G3
There was even a photo booth!  So much fun!
G4
I can't wait to see what Mychele has up her sleeve for next year's party! :)
A special thanks to Crystal Newcomb Creative Studios for taking some great shots of my invitations and of Gabriele!

0 comments:

Post a Comment