Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Few Design Finds

Post #3!  I've been thinking a lot lately about the direction I want to take this blog.  Of course I want to use it as a platform to share my latest designs, but I also want to use it to share the latest styles in wedding trends, party trends and other unique design finds from around the internet.  I thought I'd start by sharing a few of my latest online design obessions with you.
Etsy:  Don’t even get me started!  If I had a million dollars, I honestly think I could spend it all on this website in about an hour!  From home goods, to paper goods, to baby bows, you name it, Esty has it!
510
Minted: A graphic designer’s heaven!  This website features a new “design challenge” every few weeks open to any graphic designer (me!) who may be interested.  Other designers then vote on their favorites and the winner gets their design sold on the website, pretty cool!  Their current challenge is holiday theme, Christmas in June anyone?
m5
DaFont.com: I could spend HOURS searching through this site and downloading (for free may I add) all my favorites.  Bombshell Pro = my current fave!
f
Photography:  My biggest guilty pleasure.  In my sparetime I would much rather log onto my laptop and Google the work of random photographers I don’t even know then catch up on the 15+ shows I have waiting for me on my DVR.  I love studying the different editing styles of each photographer, getting a chuckle out of the props they use, and awing over the adorable style you see on their blogs.  I will be the first to admit that I take all my photos with my iphone (yikes, I know), but I am slowly learning the “rules” of blogging and realize that in order to run a successful blog, you need to take quality photos.  Sadly, at this point, my Photoshop skills are quite minimal (i'm s.l.o.w.l.y teaching myself), which is why when I stumbled across this new app the other night I got SUPER excited!   This app, A Beautiful Mess, allows you to easily add cutesy little doodles, borders and text to your own photos, making them feel a bit more professional…I love!
abm4

0 comments:

Post a Comment