Thursday, February 6, 2014

Kelcie & Ben: Clean & Simple

Kelcie and Ben were married last Fall on the Simpson College Campus in Indianola, Iowa, and their reception at the Des Moines Marriott Downtown.  A few months before meeting Kelcie and Ben I had read somewhere that one of the top wedding invitation trends predicted to gain momentum in 2014 is the "Art Deco" trend.  This trend gravitates toward strong colors, geometric shapes, and clean lines.  Apparently Kelcie and Ben were a bit ahead of the times because the invitation they asked me to design was exactly that!  Working in a color palette of deep purple, lime green and bright white, I used a simple layout and carried a custom monogram throughout their invitation set to make it unique and elegant. I have to say, I love these colors together.  The contrast of the lime green and deep purple makes this color scheme very visually appealing.






Check out the amazing photos of this wedding shot by Des Moines photograher, Amanda Basteen.  A huge thank you to her for taking some awesome pictures of my invites, too!

Thanks Kelcie & Ben, it was great working with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment